Address: 1 Littlestane Rd, Lawthorn, Irvine KA11 2AF
Telephone: 01294 203 522
Resident in Ayrshire for over 15 Years, the Singh family have strived to ensure that a relaxed, friendly atmosphere prevails in all of their restaurant enterprises. Put together with the excellent service and the high standard of food, their offerings have always been an experience that should not be missed.
After their previous (very successful) enterprises at 'The Jewel in the Crown' (Kilmarnock) and 'The Jewel' (Cumnock), a new challenge was needed.
The rundown Pub/Restaurant at Lawthorn Farm was identified as having very good potential and was acquired in 2007.
After some considerable refurbishment, it was opened to the Public in September 2007.
Since then, it has been growing in reputation to become one of the 'must visit' Indian Restaurants in Ayrshire.
A converted Steading, the stone buildings and wooden beams help create an atmosphere that is attractive to all guests. With a sizeable Beer Garden, it can be a very relaxing place for the whole family.
Split over two levels, the Restaurant can seat up to 100 diners with the 'roundhouse' seating up to 45 diners and a further 55 seats on the lower level.
A friendly environment in which to enjoy a quiet pint or watch one of our multiple large screens showing Sports and Music channels. A good selection of all types of beverage and bar food.
Our chefs have many years experience in home style Indian cooking and they share our desire to give you a meal you will remember. Remember, we don't just want you to have a meal - we want you to enjoy an Indian experience! So, whether you are planning a visit or we are fortunate to have you as a regular customer, get set for some superb Indian cuisine served in a unique atmosphere together with a friendly smile. You can also enjoy our fine food in the comfort of your own home with our Take Home Service, or if you live within our delivery area we will bring the Lawthorn Dining Experience to your doorstep.
As the Singh Family take great pride in their business, please ask if you experience any problem or need advice on the choice of dishes or the flavours available.
We are now accepting bookings albeit at a reduced capacity to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Additional health and safety measures will be in place. Please be aware that during this unpredictable time we may need to cancel or amend your reservation pending Scottish Government guidance. Should this be necessary, we will contact you as soon as possible.
· All bookings to conform to government guidelines.
· Maximum booking of 8 people from up to 3 different households
We cannot accept larger party bookings currently.
· All orders will be taken at the table, no bar service available.
· Please remain seated as much as possible.
· Upon arrival, you will be asked to wait in our take-away area, 1m apart
(hospitality guidance), and a member of staff will notify you when you
can be seated and show you to your table.
· Management reserves the right to refuse entry, a booking does not
· Please respect our staff and all social distancing measures we have put
· At peak times there may be queuing in place to gain access to the
restaurant – please follow guidelines for social distancing.
· We are encouraging card payments where possible.
· For the safety of our staff and customers, we ask that if you are feeling
unwell please let us know and we can cancel your table.
· We will be keeping your contact details on file as requested by the
government for a period of 21 days.
· Gift Vouchers will be extended for a period of 4 months.
· We have carried out a Covid-19 Risk Assessment and shared the results
with the staff.
· We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in place.
· We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 1m distance in our
· Where people cannot be 1m apart, we have done everything practical to
manage transmission risk.